Sunday, March 22, 2009

Washington D.C.!















Last week we went to Washington D.C. for Andrew's spring break and had a BLAST! Who knew? I had never really had a desire to go there but it was one of the funnest trips ever! We only had two days there though and that was a bummer. I think that you could spend a couple of weeks and barely scratch the surface. The museums are absolutely amazing! And they're all free. Well... I guess we do pay for them with taxes in a round about way. And, I thought that all the monuments would be maybe a bit borring, not at all. You don't realize how big they are, and how much they really make you think of our nations history. My favorite was probably the National Art Gallery. We only had a couple of hours to spend there though. Waaah. We really crammed a lot in. The Natural History Museum was great too. They just remodeled chunks of it and it was soooo cool. Their Imax theatre was really good. It was 3D and I mean it really felt 3D! It was "Deep Sea" and it felt like you were scuba diving! Riding the subway was a bit adventurous for us though. On the very first train we got on, after 3 stops they stop the train and ushered everyone off saying it was an emergency exit. Then our friend on the train in front of us said that a man jumped on the tracks and his train hit him. Sad. Other than that we felt totally safe running around. Here are a couple of pics. Oh, and it was really cold, thus the red noses.

1 comment:

Fabulous Fronks said...

you guys are so friggin cute! :) sounds like a fun trip :) LOVE YOU GUYS! :)
-Bay